alternative to voip gateways

Tarko Tikan tarko at lanparty.ee
Sat May 2 07:48:36 UTC 2020

hey,

> But this all results in a sh1te load of 48 port gateways (power is not
> a concern), but wondering if there is another solution that is more
> cost effective? Seems the regular NEC's Siemens and so on might have
> an option but I can imagine it will be far more expensive than a bunch
> of individual gateways.

Huawei was already suggested and Nokia ISAM also works very well for
your application

https://www.nokia.com/networks/products/intelligent-services-access-manager-isam-voice/#overview

Majority of the small consumer gateways (including the 48p ones) will
not work on long loops, they are ment to be used inside a building etc.

--
tarko