LTE modem where I can control the MTU

J. Hellenthal jhellenthal at dataix.net
Fri May 1 23:13:17 UTC 2020

On Fri, May 01, 2020 at 11:56:57AM -0400, Dovid Bender wrote:
>    I currently have an airlink that is connected directly to a raritan
>    console server. The public IP sits on the raritan. The airlink does not
>    seem to have any MTU options. Ideally I would change the MTU on the
>    interface of the LTE modem wich would force the raritan to send all data <
>    1400 bytes per packet. I never thought about the reverse so we may need
>    something that would tinker with the MSS as well.

Not too familiar with airlink but it perhaps doesn't happen to have a
(ALG)/Application Layer/Level Gateway in it does it ?

If so I could reccomend attempting to turn it off. Ive seen this
similiar sort of thing in other routing equipemnt that either didn't
work at all or would bomb out on particular services.