Backhoe season?

Mark Tinka mark.tinka at seacom.mu
Tue Mar 31 12:03:56 UTC 2020

On 31/Mar/20 13:56, Jared Mauch wrote:
> Around here this is what is deemed essential:
>
> - snip -
>
> All gas, electric, telcom, fiber, and MDOT projects are considered "critical infrastructure" and essential under Governor Whitmer's Executive Order 2020-21. ONLY those doing work essential to the needs of our state and our infrastructure should be placing tickets.
>
> - snip -
>
> This means that my fiber construction is ongoing.  Plus those crews shouldn’t get closer than 6’ from each other in most cases.

Oh dear.

Gubbermints can't tell the difference between "construction" and
"maintenance".

While all these are "essential services", the organizations, themselves,
need to determine what that means for them and their employees from a
health & safety perspective. Falling back on, "Well, the gubbermint
didn't tell us that we should only fix breaks and not build new
projects, so we don't see anything wrong" is reckless.

Ah well.

Mark.