South Africa On Lockdown - Coronavirus - Update!

Mark Tinka mark.tinka at seacom.mu
Tue Mar 31 10:55:03 UTC 2020

On 25/Mar/20 22:13, Paul Nash wrote:

> Don’t hold your breath :-(.

On the plus side, I am quite pleased to see how well this Internet thing
we all built is coming into its own, these past couple of weeks, taking
over as the traditions we've been accustomed to are subdued.

I know the VoD providers have dumbed down their streaming resolution
across the board to "keep things afloat", and even though I didn't think
they were going to cause any issues, it's good to see how well things
are holding up, globally.

Also, considering everyone is, pretty much, working from home, the
Internet isn't dying as it randomly does throughout a typical working
week. Human MIT (maintenance-induced trouble) continues to be the
leading cause of outages, it seems :-).

Mark.