free collaborative tools for low BW and losy connections

Keith Medcalf kmedcalf at dessus.com
Mon Mar 30 18:18:37 UTC 2020

On Monday, 30 March, 2020 11:19, Michael Thomas <mike at mtcc.com> wrote:

>On 3/30/20 5:52 AM, Rich Kulawiec wrote:
>> On Mon, Mar 30, 2020 at 06:30:16AM -0500, Joe Greco wrote:

>>> Actual text traffic has been slowly dying off for years as webforums
>>> have matured and become a better choice of technology for nontechnical
>>> end users on high speed Internet connections.

>> My view is that the move to web forums is a huge downgrade.  Mailing
>> lists are vastly superior.

>[]

>The thing that mailing lists lack is a central directory of their
>existence. The discovery problem is a pretty big one.

Where is this to be found for webforums?  I have never seen one.  Or do you think Google is such a master index?  Can you please pose your Google query that you think results in a comprehensive index of *all* webforums?

Or is your comment nothing more that you noticing that NEITHER e-mail lists NOR webforums have a master index, which is a rather useless observation that would indicate that webforums have zero advantage over mailing lists in this regard, so what is the point of the whataboutism?