[EXT] Re: rack rails

Cummings, Chris ccummings at coeur.com
Mon Mar 30 15:41:18 UTC 2020

Now that you say that, I think you're right. I am referring specifically to the EX4650 and they are the cheesy type where the rear half of the rail stays screwed in to the rack and the front half of the rail is attached to the switch. I assume it is the same on the QFX since they are very similar platforms. Basically they are that annoying type between rack ears and sliding rails where the device can separate completely from the rails.

chris

On 3/30/20, 10:37, "NANOG on behalf of Chuck Anderson" <nanog-bounces at nanog.org on behalf of cra at WPI.EDU> wrote:

    On Mon, Mar 30, 2020 at 03:15:54PM +0000, Cummings, Chris wrote:
    > Juniper's ToR switches have slide in rails. They are a bit frustrating compared to Dell easy rails, but they do the trick.

    You can slide the switch in/out while attached securely to the rails?  That is news to me and my QFX5k and QFX10k switches.