NTT/AS2914 enabled RPKI OV 'invalid = reject' EBGP policies

Alex Band alex at nlnetlabs.nl
Thu Mar 26 14:44:04 UTC 2020

Many congratulations for getting this deployed, Job!

Now that so many networks are dropping RPKI invalid announcements, for this to really have a practical effect operators should put in the effort to create and maintain ROAs for their route announcements.

Over the last 10 years, the trend in most regions has been that first a large amount of ROAs were created by the local operator communities. After proving this was a high quality and well maintained data set, operators took the next step to start using RPKI to filter invalids.

Especially in North America, the order seems to be flipped. While invalids are now being dropped more and more, ROA coverage is currently only at 7% in the US and 2.5% in Canada. Accuracy is at around 95%, so that’s great.

https://www.nlnetlabs.nl/projects/rpki/rpki-analytics/

Please create ROAs!

-Alex