CISA critical infrastructure letters

Danny McPherson danny at tcb.net
Wed Mar 25 19:26:44 UTC 2020

Indeed, many folks are developing letters summarizing the specific
company mission, employee role & authorization, and tethering that to
the DHS access letter(s) with more information to inform / better enable
anyone that may need to assess.

You should also be aware of any local / state requirements in the
relevant jurisdictions (e.g., pre-notify some entity of travel _before
it takes place in a restricted area) - FEMA maintains state re-entry and
private sector contact information in various regions (with varying
utility - it seems the ones that have dealt with natural disasters such
as hurricanes, e.g., Region IV, are better prepared for this at the
moment - harmonization would be good).

This certainly varies on a country by country basis as well (e.g., some
require pre-established / vetting of critical role and then issue them
only to specific individuals when necessary).  Ideally, if applicable
your folks have already established those relationships in the event
that they need them.

-danny