South Africa On Lockdown - Coronavirus - Update!

Mark Tinka mark.tinka at seacom.mu
Tue Mar 24 19:01:40 UTC 2020

On 24/Mar/20 02:10, Joshua D'Alton wrote:

> Are there any inklings of international co-operation with regards to
> "no foreigners" as per recently Australia and other nations, in terms
> of allowing in those engaged in telecommunications services where in
> some cases remote/local hands are not sufficient?

Well, lockdown basically means all civil aviation is shutdown, with the
exception of cargo transport.

But if you have infrastructure down here, you probably have local hands
that you can call on to support you, which is what I was relaying to
those it may concern.

At any rate, I'm not sure anyone should (or wants to) be traveling
anywhere at this time, national and international. But that's just me :-).

Mark