Sunday traffic curiosity

Alexandre Petrescu alexandre.petrescu at gmail.com
Mon Mar 23 10:18:40 UTC 2020

Le 23/03/2020 à 04:05, Aaron Gould a écrit :
> I can see it now.... Business driver that moved the world towards multicast .... 2020 Coronavirus

I should abstain from writing about this but I think the situation of
virus with a crown version year 2020 is not yet understood on business.

There are signs business would work as before: business challenges that
we know worked are now tested with sponsoring open source projects on
3D-printed ventilators (respirator).

Other signs I see seem to differ: same kind of projects but not looking
for money.  That might not amount for 'business' but might save lives
equally well.

It is not clear to me where it is heading to, probably a mix of the two.

And it is not clear to me where multicast might fit into this, because
presumably an Internet-connected ventilator might not have much data to
send, depending of course, if one wants to put a measurement device on
another side of the planet and the breath on one side, and the air
pressure might need to be transmitted instantaneously, like  'remote
surgery' needs to transmit haptic feedback effect across long distances.

It's all hypothesis and speculation from my part.

Alex, LF/HF 3