interesting troubleshooting

Adam Atkinson ghira at mistral.co.uk
Sun Mar 22 08:08:03 UTC 2020

On 20/03/2020 21:33, Nimrod Levy wrote:

> I was contacted by my NOC to investigate a LAG that was not distributing
> traffic evenly among the members to the point where one member was
> congested while the utilization on the LAG was reasonably low.

I don't know how well-known this is, and it may not be something many
people would want to do, but Enterasys switches, now part of Extreme's
portfolio, allow "round-robin" as a load-sharing algorithm on LAGs.

see e.g.

https://gtacknowledge.extremenetworks.com/articles/How_To/How-to-configure-LACP-Output-Algorithm-as-Round-Robin

This may not be the only product line supporting this.