COVID-19 vs. our Networks

Mark Tinka mark.tinka at seacom.mu
Sat Mar 21 21:59:10 UTC 2020

On 21/Mar/20 23:37, Rich Kulawiec wrote:

> My remarks weren't about Netflix or any other particular service.
> (FWIW, I agree with you on both quoted points about the lack of
> evidence.  Maybe it'll arrive.  Maybe it won't.)
>
> I was trying to speak, perhaps unsuccessfully, in broader terms about
> trying to best position ourselves for challenges that we may not
> see coming despite the aggregated millenia of expertise here.  I think
> at this particular point in time we need to be ready for anything,
> for a very nebulous and possibly quite surprising value of "anything".

I would, generally, file that under "Why we get up everyday" :-).

The folk over in IT are probably dealing with plenty of noise about
VPN's and cybersecurity things as folk work more from home than usual.

If backbones begin to flutter and last miles start to screech, I'm
certain this group will be woken from its slumber.

Mark.