Re: China’s Slow Transnational Network

Mark Tinka mark.tinka at seacom.mu
Sat Mar 21 16:13:48 UTC 2020

On 21/Mar/20 09:09, Pengxiong Zhu wrote:

> How do they deliberately congest peering ports? Do you hear from those
> Chinese operators or you observe this from the traffic?

Simple - let them run at 350% of capacity and pipeline upgrades for Lord
knows how long :-).

On a serious note, let's have a beer.

> Seems like you also think GFW is part of the cause,

I do - each of my trips to China have questioned the role of my VPN for
my online experience.

> however, we don't have direct evidence.

I won't argue with you there, you did the groundwork. I'm just being
anecdotal.

> Just curious, What is your "problems"? I thought it's congestion.

Accessibility and penetration rates.

Mark.