CISA: Guidance on the Essential Critical Infrastructure Workforce

Bill Woodcock woody at pch.net
Sat Mar 21 07:37:43 UTC 2020

>> In France I must show a paper (not smartphone) printed permit, each
>> sortie one different paper.  The receiver of it (police) takes it in
>> his/her gloved hands then s/he passes it back to me.  I do not have
>> gloves.  I wished the receiver did not use the same gloves for each
>> pereson who passes by and delivers that paper to him.
>
> Yep, couldn't believe it when my mate in Lyon told me the same thing
> this week.
> But I suppose this was to be expected, and is an idea that could
> potentially spread, worldwide.

I’ve been in Paris all week, and have gone out, on average, once a day.  I pre-printed a stack of already-filled-out forms at the beginning of the week, so I’ve just checked the appropriate box each time I’ve gone out, no big deal.  Seems quite reasonable to me.  Gets people to at least give some conscious thought as to whether their reason for going out actually meets one of the listed criteria.  And I haven’t actually been stopped any of the times I’ve gone out.

It’s early days yet, but Paris is handling this way, way better than I’d have expected.

And a giant thumbs up to Free, who are keeping my 10G broadband flying along at an actual, measurable, 10G.

                                -Bill