interesting troubleshooting

Job Snijders job at ntt.net
Fri Mar 20 22:26:10 UTC 2020

On Fri, Mar 20, 2020 at 05:57:19PM -0400, Jared Mauch wrote:
> You also need to watch out to ensure you’re not on some L2VPN type
> product that bumps up against a barrier.  I know it’s a stressful time
> for many networks and systems people as traffic shifts.

A few years ago we did a presentation about what can happen if hashing
for load balancing purposes doesn't work well (be it either IP or L2VPN
traffic). I think some of the information is still relevant as there
really isn't much difference between the problem existing in the
underlay network's implementation of algorithms or the properties of the
enveloppe that encompasses the overlay network packet.

    video of younger job + jeff: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cXSwoKu9zOg
    slides: https://archive.nanog.org/meetings/nanog57/presentations/Tuesday/tues.general.SnijdersWheeler.MACaddresses.14.pdf

Kind regards,

Job