COVID-19 vs. peering wars

Matthew Petach mpetach at netflight.com
Fri Mar 20 19:31:21 UTC 2020

I'm curious;
would people say that fixing peering inefficiencies could have
a bigger impact on service performance than asking that
Netflix, Amazon Prime, Youtube, Hulu, and other video
streaming services cut their bit rates down?

https://www.bbc.com/news/technology-51968302
https://arstechnica.com/tech-policy/2020/03/netflix-and-youtube-cut-streaming-quality-in-europe-to-handle-pandemic/

It seems that perhaps the fingers, and the regulatory
hammer, are being pointed in the wrong direction at
the moment.  ^_^;

Matt
staying safely under the saran-wrap blanket for the next few weeks