COVID-19 vs. our Networks

Steve Mikulasik Steve.Mikulasik at civeo.com
Thu Mar 19 18:43:51 UTC 2020

Noticing a few major ISPs not peering with other major networks at their local IXs, instead taking cross country trips. I am sure this isn't helping congestion right now and I have heard from some people it is really affecting their remote users. People in the same city with 80ms-100ms latencies. Some companies with restrictive policies should review their peering policies and start really utilizing IXs for some quick capacity.

Maybe afterwards regulators can look at peering policies and how it affects their nation.