COVID-19 vs. our Networks

Rich Kulawiec rsk at gsp.org
Wed Mar 18 11:24:16 UTC 2020

On Wed, Mar 18, 2020 at 03:43:37AM -0600, Keith Medcalf wrote:
> So you failed because you did not require the person making the decision
> to take responsibility for their decision.  That is, your organization
> has a severely flawed process wherein the "R" for making the decision is
> not the same person as has the "R" for the repercussions.

The use of "you/your" here and throughout is misplaced and inappropriate.

Also: this not an isolated or unique experience.  It's this way pretty
much everywhere in the US now.  And I can disapprove of it, you can
disapprove of it, we can all disapprove of it, but like I said, until
money is completely removed from the calculation, this is how it will be.
Critiques of process and role and organization and everything else are
interesting, maybe even correct --  but will change nothing.

---rsk