COVID-19 vs. our Networks

Keith Medcalf kmedcalf at dessus.com
Tue Mar 17 18:36:01 UTC 2020

On Tuesday, 17 March, 2020 11:04, Mike Bolitho <mikebolitho at gmail.com> wrote:

>>The answer is don't shove application traffic that has tight service
>>level requirements onto the public internet at large and expect the same
>>performance as private circuits or other SLA protected services.

>I keep seeing this over and over again in this long thread. What's your
>suggestion? How does a hospital, with dozens of third party
>applications/devices across multiple cloud platforms do this?

Do what everyone else that has "critical infrastructure" does.  Put a requirement in the RFP that the thing you want to buy must continue to operate even when totally isolated from the outside world.  And then do not select to purchase products that do not meet this requirement.

It is quite simple actually.  We do this all the time with great success.