DHS letters for fuel and facility access

Paul Nash paul at nashnetworks.ca
Tue Mar 17 16:44:05 UTC 2020

September 2001.  Just after the 9/11 attacks, all of lower Manhattan was shut down.  Out link (IIRC) was to a satellite farm on Staten island, across the bay to 60 Hudson.  Power went off, diesels kicked in, fuel trucks was not allowed in, and a few days later we lost all international connectivity.

Lots of important people lost power as well, so the feds decided to let the diesel tankers in after a few days’ deliberations.

	paul