COVID-19 vs. our Networks

Alexandre Petrescu alexandre.petrescu at gmail.com
Tue Mar 17 06:06:54 UTC 2020

Le 16/03/2020 à 22:55, Alexandre Petrescu a écrit :

> Le 16/03/2020 à 22:19, Owen DeLong a écrit :
>> [SNIP]

>>> How is Santa Clara County informing their citizens?  Some website or
>>> some SMS (short text message on cellular)?
>>>

>>> My city sent me two paper letters Saturday, but no numbers about
>>> cases.  I had to go to pharmacy and ask the pharmacist what she
>>> heard; she heard from somebdoy else about 2 cases in nearby
>>> village.  That was 3 days ago.
>>>
>>> Thats how I get informed.
>>>

>> https://www.sccgov.org/sites/phd/Pages/phd.aspx
>>
>> https://www.sccgov.org/sites/phd/DiseaseInformation/novel-coronavirus/Pages/home.aspx
>>

> Thanks.  It says clearly number of cases 138 as of March 14th, we
> are16th.  I hope they'll update it soon.

I just looked at it, it increased to 15th, we are now 17th of March

It means they give data since 2 days ago.  Why??

It means one should multiply by 2 or so to know what's happening today.

I hope they keep updating it.

(this is from my experience from watching the China data publicly
available on China CDC, in particular the ' new cases').  They update it
daily (not from two days ago).  On that site we see the today's data,
not the data from two days ago; that data says the evolution is constant
- flat right now since a few days; it's low but constant, not growing,
not going down)

(also I would like to know whether people in China after 2 months of
confinement are now allowed to get out or not?)

Alex