COVID-19 vs. our Networks

Alexandre Petrescu alexandre.petrescu at gmail.com
Mon Mar 16 21:55:14 UTC 2020

Le 16/03/2020 à 22:19, Owen DeLong a écrit :
> [SNIP]
>
>>> Has worked very well for me  in Santa Clara County so far.
>>

>> How is Santa Clara County informing their citizens?  Some website or
>> some SMS (short text message on cellular)?
>>

>> My city sent me two paper letters Saturday, but no numbers about
>> cases.  I had to go to pharmacy and ask the pharmacist what she
>> heard; she heard from somebdoy else about 2 cases in nearby village.
>> That was 3 days ago.
>>
>> Thats how I get informed.
>>

> https://www.sccgov.org/sites/phd/Pages/phd.aspx
>
> https://www.sccgov.org/sites/phd/DiseaseInformation/novel-coronavirus/Pages/home.aspx

Thanks.  It says clearly number of cases 138 as of March 14th, we
are16th.  I hope they'll update it soon.

There's no history data.

One cant understand the speed of evolution.  But it could be found by
comparison.  One could find another equivalent of a County in another
country where there were 138 cases at point x, and then tell how that
evolved. For my part, I can only say that we say 'Comté' for County.
Maybe in other country one can find things.

But its' great for people living in Santa Clara County to at least know
somehow their numbers.  I really hope they keep updating it and dont
stop it at some point because impossible to track.

It also seems people have restricted movement there, just as here (France).

For my part, I just got an SMS on my 2G phone with a 2 line
black-and-white screen.  It does display, it works.  It is the first
time I received such an SMS.  It is in that class of '1st time' we
talked about earlier :-)

But I consider these things to be bad things, they make me sad.

Alex