COVID-19 vs. our Networks

Keaton Alexander Guger Lair klair at redlilyinter.net
Fri Mar 13 04:08:17 UTC 2020

First time posting, little anxious.

Currently under isolation here in Saskatchewan, it was a self isolation till met with a doctor who ordered it,
I doubt was at risk, was in Southern Italy as Northern Italy was breaking out.
Rather disappointed with the provinces "meh" maybe come in and get tested, "meh" maybe not.
As I've read there are no restrictions on incoming passengers, citizens or not.
Quarantining is only done if you report you've been to the Hubei province.
Citizens and PRs have to be let in, period, part of the charter (section 6)
although being let in whilst under quarantine and being let out into the public are two different things, both are legal.

Little surprised Canada doesn't have higher cases than we do.

Once concern I've been thinking about is hardware maintenance under lock downs and quarantines.
Do politicians allow people only out to repair? or will they allow organizations and
their employees to be out and do expansion to deal with the enviable surge in traffic?

What about in Italy where only pharmacies and groceries are open and entropy hits equipment?

Stay safe, isolate your subnets and yourself ;)

Sincerely,
 Keaton Alexander Guger Lair
 Red Lily Internet