COVID-19 vs. our Networks

Valdis Kl=?utf-8?Q?=c4=93?=tnieks valdis.kletnieks at vt.edu
Fri Mar 13 02:36:39 UTC 2020

On Thu, 12 Mar 2020 18:08:05 -0600, "Keith Medcalf" said:

> I don't know but we just issued travel restrictions to the United States
> as it is now a Hot Spot for the unrestricted spread of the coronavirus
> which causes COVID-19.

Hopefully they're more sensible restrictions than the US policy that prohibits
travel from most of Europe except the UK... but only for foreigners.  If you're
a US citizen, you're still perfectly welcome to go to Italy and come home with
a few extra microbes to pass around a week after you return.

The word for anybody who designs a network firewall with that sort of logic is
"pwned".  Just sayin'.

(Fortunately, I'm in a position to hide in my apartment and only emerge for
grocery shopping at 2AM until things wind down... Hope everybody else has a
good contingency plan)