COVID-19 vs. our Networks

Stephen Fulton sf at lists.esoteric.ca
Thu Mar 12 23:30:17 UTC 2020

Mike,

For those nets with a higher peak in the evenings, the graphs will
flatten out.  If you're struggling any given weekday evening, you'll be
in trouble from the start.  Major events and software releases are what
will use up available buffers.

IMO the Disney+ surprise was a good thing.  It forced networks to
realize they needed more capacity.  Disney+ streaming isn't what it was
but if you've been adding capacity as a result of it, you're in better
shape to weather the latest network surges.

-- Stephen