COVID-19 vs. our Networks

Troy Martin tmartin at charter.ca
Thu Mar 12 19:00:28 UTC 2020

On March 12, 2020 10:22 AM, g at 1337.io wrote:
> With talk of there being an involuntary statewide (WA) and then national
> quarantines (house arrest) for multiple weeks, has anyone put thought
> into the impacts of this on your networks if/when this comes to
> fruition?

No WFH policy here yet, but I've unpacked a couple of our ASAs from before our
most recent edge refresh to run AnyConnect for some of our remote sites. I'm
not expecting too much load being that we're not a particularly large company,
but it's better to have an extra couple RU filled up and happily whirring away
than to get a phone call at 5am when everyone in Eastern Time logs in and the
throughput drops like the Dow Jones.

I'm more worried about the lead times on new hardware skyrocketing than the
impact of having 8-10x the teleworkers. At least we can still fulfill orders
for software licenses...

--
Troy