Work from Home and other dynamics

Jared Mauch jared at puck.nether.net
Mon Mar 9 13:32:24 UTC 2020

I’m wondering what general trends people have seen with the recent reduction in travel and increased work from home activities.

I’m expecting that a number of networks are seeing increased traffic demand.  Enterprises are likely adding VPN licenses for staff that are now remote, etc..

I would expect increase (and decreases) similar to weekend traffic patterns.

I’m expecting there will be more IPv6 traffic similar to what is seen during the Christmas/New Years holiday on this traffic as well:

https://www.google.com/intl/en/ipv6/statistics.html

What interesting dynamics are you seeing?

- Jared