Google peering in LAX

Justin Seabrook-Rocha xenith at xenith.org
Mon Mar 2 23:26:39 UTC 2020

You hit the nail on the head. Google only seems to announce a subset of their routes to the route servers, but does announce all routes (for some definition of “all”) to direct peers. I notice this every time I turn up a new IX and traffic heads off onto my backbone instead of the local IX.

I did a spot check and I get that /24 via my direct peering (along with the /16).

Justin Seabrook-Rocha
--
Xenith || xenith at xenith.org || http://xenith.org/