Google peering in LAX

Seth Mattinen sethm at rollernet.us
Mon Mar 2 22:37:34 UTC 2020

On 3/2/20 2:20 PM, Hugo Slabbert wrote:
> I believe Owen was referring here to Google's actions: that the disagg
> is the antisocial behaviour and that transit providers (the people they
> are paying) would be more tolerant of that antisocial behaviour than
> would be peers (the people they are not paying).

I suppose that one went over my head.

To clarify I am the one with peering in LAX and I'm only seeing the big
aggregates via the Any2 Easy servers. At the moment I can only infer
that Google announces aggregates to the route servers and maybe one only
gets the /24's after you turn up a direct neighbor or PNI, but there's
no way to do that since Google isn't accepting new peering requests and
steers such requests back to what's available on route servers.

I suppose what I could do is filter /24's from 15169$ in the absence of
being able to see if a direct/PNI peering would include them where route
servers do not.