Re: China’s Slow Transnational Network

Jeff Shultz jeffshultz at sctcweb.com
Mon Mar 2 16:04:13 UTC 2020

Maybe... I dunno.... get rid of the Great Firewall of China?
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Great_Firewall

On Mon, Mar 2, 2020 at 7:59 AM Pengxiong Zhu <pzhu011 at ucr.edu> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> We are a group of researchers at University of California, Riverside who
> have been working on measuring the transnational network performance (and
> have previously asked questions on the mailing list). Our work has now led
> to a publication in Sigmetrics 2020 and we are eager to share some
> interesting findings.
>
> We find China's transnational networks have extremely poor performance
> when accessing foreign sites, where the throughput is often persistently
> low (e.g., for the majority of the daytime). Compared to other countries
> we measured including both developed and developing, China's transnational
> network performance is among the worst (comparable and even worse than some
> African countries).
>

> --
>
> Best,
> Pengxiong Zhu
> University of California, Riverside

--
Jeff Shultz

--
Like us on Social Media for News, Promotions, and other information!!

<https://www.facebook.com/SCTCWEB/>
<https://www.instagram.com/sctc_503/>
<https://www.yelp.com/biz/sctc-stayton-3>
<https://www.youtube.com/c/sctcvideos>

_**** This message
contains confidential information and is intended only for the individual
named. If you are not the named addressee you should not disseminate,
distribute or copy this e-mail. Please notify the sender immediately by
e-mail if you have received this e-mail by mistake and delete this e-mail
from your system. E-mail transmission cannot be guaranteed to be secure or
error-free as information could be intercepted, corrupted, lost, destroyed,
arrive late or incomplete, or contain viruses. The sender therefore does
not accept liability for any errors or omissions in the contents of this
message, which arise as a result of e-mail transmission. ****_