Europe IP Transit Provider Ideas ?

Mark Tinka mark.tinka at seacom.com
Tue Jun 30 12:49:41 UTC 2020

On 30/Jun/20 14:15, Darin Steffl wrote:
> Why isn't Hurricane in your mix yet? They have great routes, some of
> the lowest pricing available, and they are always easy to reach at the
> NOC. They also peer at nearly every IX possible. They're #1 in number
> of BGP adjacencies.
>
> It looks like they have 3 or 4 paths in/out of Africa. I'd use their
> looking glass tool to check latency and peering.

For Africa, Kenya and South Africa tend to be typical points for initial
build-outs. Nigeria gets attention too.

You want to look at an operator that spreads across more locations than
that to reach as many African networks as possible. The ones that I know
of have Africa as their primary market, but also have presence in Europe.

Mark.