netflix proxy/unblocker false detection

Mark Tinka mark.tinka at seacom.com
Sat Jun 27 13:18:38 UTC 2020

On 26/Jun/20 19:40, Sabri Berisha wrote:

> Don't hold your breath.  It's most likely not related to the capabilities
> of the hardware, or even the kernel running on the platform.

I'm hoping a new device will bring with it renewed vigour :-).

I'm probably being ambitious. Overly.

> My guess is that there is no IPv6 support because the backend doesn't
> support it.  I've seen this at previous employers where the network was ready
> for IPv6, but back-end applications were lagging.  And that might require
> development on a lot of games as well.
>
> Perhaps we should start a rumor: "IPv6 has a lower ping!".  We'll get
> thousands of gamers protesting for v6 in front of Sony's HQ :)

I'd be down with that. Gamers will kill for even 1 nanosecond of lower
"ping" :-).

Which is quite at odds with a flats screen TV I bought from Sony back in
2015 that supported IPv6 - and this was Sony's own OS, not a 3rd party
one some of their current units ship with. The good ol' silo problem,
perhaps...

Mark.