Router Suggestions

Matt Harris matt at netfire.net
Tue Jun 16 16:01:54 UTC 2020

Matt Harris|Infrastructure Lead Engineer
816-256-5446|Direct
Looking for something?
Helpdesk Portal|Email Support|Billing Portal
We build and deliver end-to-end IT solutions.
On Tue, Jun 16, 2020 at 9:52 AM Jared Brown <nanog-isp at mail.com> wrote:

> My no-effort quote from last month lists just the box at $13,000. Once you
> are all in the total is that 1.5 multiple Baldur mentioned compared to OP.
>
> However, if you google "mx204 price" the first hit wants very much to sell
> you one for <$11,000. Caveat emptor and YMMV.
>
> Jared

Not all MX204's are created equal, however. For edge applications, many
folks will want to go with the -IR model, and the -R model is the
fully-unrestricted one. These will cost substantively more than the base
model which has rib, fib, and vrf limitations enforced.