Xfinity (both ends) - can't ping from users home to office

Spencer Coplin scoplin at f1techgroup.com
Thu Jun 18 23:57:12 UTC 2020

Hey, is anyone on here able to check routing for Xfinity residential to Xfinity business?

I have a client that is unable to ping his office Comcast Business connection from his home Xfinity connection. It was working a month ago and we can confirm that his connection works over his iphone's hotspot. I am able to ping from my own xfinity residential (same city) without issues. I suspect something in the routing from his home connection is messed up as tracert/ping can't even resolve his office's IP. The client called Xfinity residential support and they blamed the inability to ping the IP on his office vpn connection.

Has anyone else his this and if so, how was it resolved?

Thank you in advance!

Thank you,
Spencer Coplin