Devil's Advocate - Segment Routing, Why?

adamv0025 at netconsultings.com adamv0025 at netconsultings.com
Thu Jun 18 11:23:57 UTC 2020

You do have the LDP vs SR choice (in v4 anyways) yes there's not a good 1:1 feature parity with v6, but the important point is the current state is not the end state, this is a pretty dynamic industry that I'm sure is converging/evolving towards a v4:v6 parity, however the pace may be, which is understandable considering the scope of ground to be covered. Yes you're right in acknowledging that we're not living in a perfect world and that choices are limited, but it's been like that since ever yet we managed to thrive by analysing our options and striving for optimal strategies year by year.

adam