Router Suggestions

Mark Tinka mark.tinka at seacom.mu
Thu Jun 18 10:26:32 UTC 2020

On 18/Jun/20 00:50, Warren Kumari wrote:

> A number of customers (myself included) had 4 hour replacement
> contracts, which the vendor really could not meet - so we agreed to
> take a new, much larger/better model as a replacement.

It's one of the reasons we never pay for 24/7/365.

In many cases for our experience, with sufficient pre-built redundancy,
there isn't much different with 24/7 vs. NBD, apart from the cost. So
why pay for the premium.

And if a site does not require redundancy, it's cheaper to have a cold
standby than to give it 24/7/365, or even NBD.

Mark.