Mikrotik RPKI Testing

Nick Hilliard nick at foobar.org
Thu Jun 18 09:29:01 UTC 2020

Musa Stephen Honlue wrote on 18/06/2020 03:38:
> Did you face any issues with IPv6 on 6.4, I personally have participated
> in deployment projects on Mikrotik for many large networks.

mikrotik ROS6 doesn't support next-hop recursion for ipv6 routes:

	https://forum.mikrotik.com/viewtopic.php?t=42268

It also doesn't support ospfv3 prefixes with the LA-bit set:

	https://forum.mikrotik.com/viewtopic.php?t=51124#p319794

I.e. if you originate an ipv6 loopback address from another vendor, the
Mikrotik will silently drop the prefix on the floor.

Note the dates on these posts: 2010 and 2011.

Nick