Devil's Advocate - Segment Routing, Why?

Saku Ytti saku at ytti.fi
Thu Jun 18 07:30:32 UTC 2020

On Thu, 18 Jun 2020 at 10:13, Mark Tinka <mark.tinka at seacom.mu> wrote:

> Which is great for you, me, and a ton of other folk that run IS-IS on
> Juniper. What about folk that don't have Juniper, or run OSPF?
>
> I know, not your or my problem, but the Internet isn't just a few networks.

Yes work left to be done. Ultimately the root problem is, no one cares
about IPv6. But perhaps work with vendors in parallel to LDPv6 to get
them to fix OSPFv3 and/or ISIS.

> I'm not saying it should be an SR vs. LDP debate like it was
> BGP-signaling vs. LDP-signaling for VPLS 12+ years ago. All I'm saying

FWIW I am definitely saying that, and it should be IGP+BGP. I do
accept and realise a lot of platforms only did and do Martini not
Kompella, so reality isn't quite there.

--
  ++ytti