Cogent sales reps who actually respond

Robert Blayzor rblayzor.bulk at inoc.net
Wed Jun 17 14:30:15 UTC 2020

On 9/16/19 9:30 AM, Jon Sands wrote:
> The last time I dealt with them, it took a little over 3 months to get
> them to turn up basic BGP service. To top it off the sales rep was fired
> in the middle of our deployment. Cogent seems to have higher rep
> turnover than anything else I've dealt with. Buckle up and have fun!

They are truly ridiculous to deal with. Turning up a new 10G dual stack
link with BGP. At turn-up time they tell us we have to order BGP for
IPv6 separately. So you order a circuit with IPv4+IPv6 w/ BGP, but it
doesn't click to them you need it for both AF's? Assuming (wrong) that
maybe they can do both over AF's over the same session, NOPE!...

To top it off, they refuse to enable something as simple as TTL security
on your BGP peering session... but "Oh you can do MD5". Wait, what?

--
inoc.net!rblayzor
XMPP: rblayzor.AT.inoc.net