RPKI race

Mark Tinka mark.tinka at seacom.mu
Wed Jun 17 08:28:48 UTC 2020

On 17/Jun/20 10:20, Baldur Norddahl wrote:

> On Wed, Jun 17, 2020 at 10:07 AM Niels den Otter
> <niels.denotter at surfnet.nl <mailto:niels.denotter at surfnet.nl>> wrote:
>
>     Hello Baldur,
>
>     If you want to validate routes in a VRF you need to configure;
>
>     set routing-options validation notification-rib <rib>
>
>     Have you done so?
>

> That was missing from the config. After adding it and running the
> command "request validation policy" I got the prefixes validated.

Not to sound funny, but this is one of the reasons I am still afraid to
run the Internet in a VRF. There are a lot more things to consider, I've
often found, compared to what you take for granted in the global table.

That said, this is great to know, given that many operators run the
Internet in a VRF, and we need RPKI + ROV to be supported far and wide.

Mark.