Survey on the use of IP blacklists for threat mitigation

J. Hellenthal jhellenthal at dataix.net
Tue Jun 16 19:08:38 UTC 2020

Guess we all better start rewriting all of the documentation out there because some PC marketing snowflake wants to get extra brownie points and attention for classifying a color in RGB into a racial divide for which it never originated.

blacklists are not always deny/block/disallow and conformed of things that allow you to take actions whatever your choosing upon their contents and your policies.

What’s next ? redlisting ? Don’t offend the Russians ... blue ? Don’t want to offend the police ...

Leave this crap off the list, it’s not helping anyone.

SMH

--
 J. Hellenthal

The fact that there's a highway to Hell but only a stairway to Heaven says a lot about anticipated traffic volume.