Partial vs Full tables

Jared Brown nanog-isp at mail.com
Tue Jun 16 14:52:15 UTC 2020

From: Mike Hammett <nanog () ics-il net>
Date: Fri, 5 Jun 2020 08:17:26 -0500 (CDT)
> I've been wondering a similar thing for how to take advantage of the 150k - 250k hardware routes the CRS317 now has in
> v7 beta. That many routes should cover the peering tables for most operators, maybe even transit's customers.
  Perhaps the thing you are looking for is SIR - the SDN Internet Router
  https://github.com/dbarrosop/sir

  TLDR; use pmacct to grab top N ASN speakers and install them into the FIB. Rinse and repeat.

  Alternatively filter out anything not from ARIN. Conveniently fits into 250k:
  Prefixes being announced by ARIN Region ASes:                    238331
  http://gregsowell.com/?p=5505

  Should you want something that isn't quite so bleeding edge beta, perhaps pick up a used Arista 7050QX? It's about the same as a CRS317 and holds 144k routes.

Jared