Router Suggestions

Mark Tinka mark.tinka at seacom.mu
Tue Jun 16 07:37:19 UTC 2020

On 16/Jun/20 08:32, Baldur Norddahl wrote:

> Why pay someone else for having a cold spare ready for next day
> replacement when you can have it yourself? Having a lab router to test
> config before rollout has really been a life saver.

Depends on network size. You can have multiple failures happening in the
same week, and you may not necessarily have all the spares to cover the
replacements at the same time, in all the locations.

But yes, I agree that if it makes sense to buy cold spares than pay for
RMA support, go for it. As long as you are still paying for TAC support
if it's something you find useful.

Mark.