[c-nsp] LDPv6 Census Check

Mark Tinka mark.tinka at seacom.mu
Fri Jun 12 22:07:45 UTC 2020

On 12/Jun/20 17:19, David Sinn wrote:

> Yes. Path enumeration when you use mult-tier Clos topologies within a PoP causes you many, many problem.

Okay, got you. I thought you were running into these problems on the
"usual suspect" platforms.

Yes, commodity hardware certainly has a number of trade-offs for the
cost benefit. We've been evaluating this path since 2013, and for our
use-case, it will actually make less sense because we are more large
capacity, small footprint, i.e., typical network service provider.

If we were a cloud provider operating at scale in several data centres,
our current model of running Cisco's, Juniper's, Arista's, e.t.c., may
not necessarily be the right choice in 2020, particularly in the edge.

Mark.