[c-nsp] LDPv6 Census Check

Saku Ytti saku at ytti.fi
Fri Jun 12 16:10:21 UTC 2020

On Fri, 12 Jun 2020 at 18:52, David Sinn <dsinn at dsinn.com> wrote:

> Unless you want ECMP then it VERY much matters. But I guess since we are only talking about theoretical instead of building an actual practical network, it doesn't matter.

Well blatantly we are, because in the real world most of the value of
MPLS tunnels is not available as IP tunnels. Again technically
entirely possible to replace MPLS tunnels with IP tunnels, just
question how much overhead you have in transporting the tunnel key and
how wide they are.

Should we design a rational cost-efficient solution, we should choose
the lowest overhead and narrowest working keys.

--
  ++ytti