Update your ARIN IRR data access methods (was: Fwd: [arin-announce] New Internet Routing Registry Release)

Job Snijders job at ntt.net
Wed Jun 10 21:47:17 UTC 2020

Dear John, group,

On Wed, Jun 10, 2020 at 06:51:53PM +0000, John Curran wrote:
> ARIN has released its updated IRR system - if you are relying on
> ARIN’s IRR data, please refer to details below and update access
> methods accordingly.

Ack - NTT has done so.

The 'rr.ntt.net' instance now carries a copy of ARIN-NONAUTH and the
'ARIN' source has been fully reseeded from the published database dumps
at ftp://ftp.arin.net/.

Operators (anywhere on the planet) with a local NRTM cache of ARIN's IRR
will want to make sure the output of the following debugging command
produces output similar to the below.

	$ echo '!j-*' | nc rr.ntt.net 43 | egrep "ARIN:|ARIN-NONAUTH"
	ARIN:Y:41907-41925
	ARIN-NONAUTH:Y:51746-51746

Operators should verify whether auxiliary tooling is aware of this new
IRR source label. An example: in PeeringDB this new source has to be
added: https://github.com/peeringdb/peeringdb/pull/742

Another thing to confirm: any place where one would pass on 'ARIN' as
argument to bgpq4's '-S' command line option may need to review whether
'ARIN' should be changed to 'ARIN,ARIN-NONAUTH' to minimize the
potential for disruption.

Please relay my congratulations to the team on this important milestone!
This was wonderfully unexciting :-)

Kind regards,

Job