[c-nsp] LDPv6 Census Check

Mark Tinka mark.tinka at seacom.mu
Wed Jun 10 18:45:31 UTC 2020

On 10/Jun/20 20:10, Gert Doering wrote:

> To be honest, I do not think we're going to buy any IOS XE gear in the
> foreseeable future.  But if we did, LDPv6 would be nice to have - to get
> rid of IPv4 in the backbone network.

We have LDPv6 working beautifully between IOS XR (6.4.2) and Junos
(17.4). But we can't make the core BGPv6-free because downstream
ASR1000's and ASR920's don't have it.

So if you don't have IOS XE today, but have the others, then you're good
to go :-).

Nobody is going to demand LDPv6, because it's not about LDPv6... it's
about IPv6, and wanting IPv4 parity. But, guess that doesn't much a
business case write.

> We do not intend to run SRv6 any time soon.

As I thought :-).

Mark.