Partial vs Full tables

Brian Johnson brian.johnson at netgeek.us
Wed Jun 10 18:20:15 UTC 2020

Disagree with Bill here. It will depend on the complexity of the network as to use of uRPF in any mode (loose or strict). In general, I never use uRPF on transit links and use pure filters to ensure accurate filters are in place. uRPF may be used internally in either mode to great advantage and I’ve done it both ways.

If you are looking for corner cases, avoid networking. I do not know of a protocol or a technique that I cannot find a corner case for.

- Brian