ACX5448

Mark Tinka mark.tinka at seacom.mu
Tue Jun 9 08:37:56 UTC 2020

On 8/Jun/20 04:34, Brian Johnson wrote:
> I’ve seen horror stories for almost every platform from every vendor over my time. It usually is caused from using the wrong device for the wrong purpose.
>
> If you know its limitations, and use it with in the bounds of its capabilities, you will have very few issues with the ACX5448.

For Layer 2 switching, I have no problems with Broadcom at all. Works a
treat, and we are super happy with our Arista switch deployments for this.

That said, we did run into Jericho issues with egress policing, where
the chip runs out of TCAM based on the default EOS profiles. That had to
be fixed and tweaked. Thankfully, we don't need large IP ACL's on a
switching platform.

Mark.