Partial vs Full tables

Mark Tinka mark.tinka at seacom.mu
Tue Jun 9 08:04:23 UTC 2020

On 5/Jun/20 18:49, Saku Ytti wrote:

> The comparison isn't between full or default, the comparison is
> between static default or dynamic default. Of course with any default
> scenario there are more failure modes you cannot route around. But if
> you need default, you should not want to use dynamic default.

I've found this to be easier to do if your network is reasonably
"centralized", i.e., there is one or two (or small handful) of "entry
and exit" points.

With a stretchy, relatively flat network that neither has a definite
entry nor exit point, it's a bit difficult to decide which failure mode
should take the default route away.

Mark.